As you know Archbishop Malcolm declared that our Archdiocese should hold a Synod in 2020 to enable us to become the Church that God is calling us to be. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the timetable for this had to be changed. This is the new timetable:
- By the end of November, we have been asked to look at the summary list of proposals and let our Synod Members know which you feel are the most important.
- In March 2021, the proposals to be voted on will be published.
- Between March and June 2021, Synod members will arrange local reflection and discernment to help inform their vote.
- The Synod will take place on 16th, 17th and 18th June 2021
- The Pastoral Plan will be published on 1st Sunday of Advent (28th November) 2021
More information can be found at synod2020.co.uk
We are writing to you today to invite you to read the summary proposals and decide which 5 you feel are important and you are drawn to and which 2 affirmations you are particularly drawn to.
The proposals can be found by following this link:
Please submit the 5 proposals and 2 affirmations that you are most drawn to to your Parish or Pastoral Area Synod Member. (A list can be found on the Synod website, but if you can’t find details of your representative, please email your response to firstname.lastname@example.org). This will really help inform the discernment of the final Synod Proposals. Please use the number of the proposal e.g. 1.23, 4.12 etc. and the title of the affirmation e.g. Liturgy, Mission etc.
Thank you very much for your support,