Class Teachers 2022
Required from September 2022
Job Salary: Main Pay Scale
Closing Date: 25th April
Interviews: Week of 3rd May
About the School
The governors wish to appoint outstanding teachers to our committed and caring staff in our three-form entry primary school in Old Swan.
The Headteacher and Governors at St Oswald’s Catholic Primary School are seeking to recruit one permanent classroom teacher and one temporary (initial 12 month contract) full-time classroom teacher – and in addition two maternity cover positions.
We are a friendly three-form entry primary school with a nursery based in Old Swan Liverpool. We strive to live out our mission statement of:
“Together with Jesus, we will learn and Grow in Faith”.
We are very keen to attract and recruit additional dedicated, inspirational and enthusiastic fully qualified teachers with a passion for creative and innovative teaching to help continue to make our school the best learning environment for our children.
We are looking for teachers who:
- must be supportive of our Catholic ethos and mission
- have the personal drive, enthusiasm and independence to make change that improves outcomes for children
- have an inspirational and imaginative approach to teaching and the ability to demonstrate consistently high expectations in all aspects of school life
- have excellent communication and teamwork skills
- the ability to lead by example and show initiative and commitment to their specific role and beyond
- demonstrate resilience and commitment
- have good attendance
- are fully prepared to take a full and active part in all aspects of school life
- loves children and teaching
- have a sense of humour
We can offer you:
- a caring and safe school with a positive ethos rooted in the Catholic faith and teachings
- fantastic children who behave well and are eager to learn
- friendly colleagues who work exceptionally hard and are committed to providing high quality education and experiences for all children
- a warm, welcoming environment where the children are centreal to all we do
- a commitment to support your CPD, with experienced staff to mentor and develop your practice
- an inclusive school that is well resourced
St Oswald’s is a wonderful, happy place to work; this is a great opportunity for a teacher who wants to learn from experienced, dedicated teams of inspiring teachers. Please feel free to phone to make an appointment to look around and see for yourself.
Applications are welcome from qualified teachers with at least a year’s experience as well as more experienced professionals.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their application form, with a supporting letter, outlining their suitability to fulfil the requirements of the person specification. Successful candidates will go on to interview.
Our school is committed to safeguarding children and promoting children’s welfare. This post is subject to all the relevant pre-employment checks set out in Keeping Children Safe in Education, including an enhanced DBS certificate with a barred list check. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and candidates invited to interview must disclose any relevant criminal history, unless it is regarded as ‘spent’ and are protected
Download: Job Advert [PDF]
Download: Application Form – Class Teacher 2022 [DOCX]
Download: Job Description – Class Teacher 2022 [PDF]
Download: Person Specification – Class Teacher 2022 [PDF]
Download: Recruitment Monitoring Form [DOCX]
If you have any additional queries, please contact Ian Strom, School Business Manager 0151 228 8436 or email@example.com
St Oswald’s Catholic Primary School
Telephone: 0151 259 4580