PACKED LUNCH REMINDER
Packed lunches should ideally include:
- at least one portion of fruit and one portion of vegetables every day.
- meat, fish or other source of non-dairy protein (e.g. lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas,
hummus, or falafel) every day
- oily fish, such as salmon, at least once every three weeks.
- a starchy food such as any type of bread, pasta, rice, couscous, noodles, potatoes or other
type of cereals every day.
- dairy food such as milk, cheese, yoghurt, fromage frais or custard everyday
- only water, still 100% fruit juice.
Packed lunches should NOT include:
- Chocolate or nut spread for sandwiches
- snacks such as crisps, wotsits, quavers including the baked variety.
- confectionery such as chocolate bars, chocolate-coated biscuits or sweets.
- Snack packs with processed meat
Small plain cakes and non-chocolate biscuits are allowed but encourage your child to eat these only as part of a balanced meal