Dear Parent / Carer,
As I am sure you are already aware at St. Oswald’s we feel it is important to help others where and when possible. Each term we try to have a charitable focus and this term we will be focusing upon raising money and supporting the following charities:
- Wear it Blue for Bobby’ – Bobby Colleran Trust
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation- JDRF
- The Good Shepherd Appeal- Nugent Care (during Lent)
On Friday 3rd March we are having a ‘Wear it Blue’ day in support of The Bobby Colleran Trust.
On this day children need to pay £1.00 to wear their own clothes; children should try to wear blue , whether they are dressed head to toe in blue or they wear a blue top it is entirely up to you.
This is a local charity, which I am sure you will agree is a very worthwhile cause. Road safety is a very important issue which we take seriously here at St Oswalds’ .
The school council have also arranged a few activities over the next few weeks to raise further money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation including:
- A fun dancing session for all children on ‘Wear it Blue’ day and the children are asked to bring small donations for this worthwhile cause.
- A raffle for a signed Everton shirt – 50p for two tickets
- A ‘Guess how much sugar is in a jar of sweets’ competition- 50p for two guesses (A prize will be given to whoever is the closest) .
Thank you for your continued support
Ms C Sime & Mrs G Murphy
Deputy Head Teacher