Good afternoon Reception! Here’s an activity that is great fun and needs just a pen and paper to prepare.
Create letter cards by simply writing out the alphabet on some paper and cutting them into individual letters.
– Hide the letters around the house or garden.
– Challenge your child to find all of the letters and bring them back to you.
– Check all the letters have been found by using 1:1 counting to 26. If there are still some missing challenge your child to work out how many more there are to find.
– When all letters have been found can they put them in alphabetical order?
– Ask your child to create familiar words or their name using the letters.
Have fun and stay safe everyone!