Family Liaison & Parent Support Officer
Job Salary: NJC Points 22-26 Full Time
Closing Date: 12 noon Thursday 4th November
Interviews: Thursday 11th November
About the School
The governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and flexible member of staff to join our Pastoral Support team, in our three-form entry primary school in Old Swan. We have children aged from 3 to 11. You must share our belief that every child can succeed, be an excellent role model for children and will be able to support the strong Catholic ethos of our school. As the successful candidate, you must be able to build effective relationships with pupils, parents/carers, staff and third-party support agencies.
“Together with Jesus, we will learn and Grow in Faith”.
About the Role
The successful applicants will:
- Ensure that safeguarding the welfare of our children is of paramount importance
- Be knowledgeable and skillful in ensuring children’s mental health and wellbeing is supported
- Be passionate about working with children
- Have high expectations and a commitment to raising standards & enjoy working in a strong team environment
We can offer:
- A friendly and welcoming family school, where we work together for the good of our community
- Wonderful children, appreciative and supportive families
- A supportive Leadership Team and Governing Body
- A warm, enthusiastic, highly committed and supportive staff
The job description is detailed and there are specific skill sets asked for this demanding and important role.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their application form, with a supporting letter, outlining their suitability to fulfil the requirements of the person specification. Successful candidates will go on to interview.
Our school is committed to safeguarding children and promoting children’s welfare. This post is subject to all the relevant pre-employment checks set out in Keeping Children Safe in Education, including an enhanced DBS certificate with a barred list check. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and candidates invited to interview must disclose any relevant criminal history, unless it is regarded as ‘spent’ and are protected
Download: Job Advert [PDF]
Download: Application Form – Support Staff [DOCX]
Download: Job Description – Pastoral Support Mental Health Role [PDF]
Download: Person Specification [PDF]
Download: Recruitment Monitoring Form [DOCX]
Download: Application Forms – Notes to Applicants [PDF]
If you have any additional queries, please contact Ian Strom, School Business Manager 0151 228 8436 or email@example.com
St Oswald’s Catholic Primary School
Telephone: 0151 259 4580